Ideas? Press releases? Just write me a friendly email at email@example.com
Who is Edita?
I am! I am a twenty something year old who came to London to study journalism and was fortunate enough to land my first journalism job in this lovely city. I always make sure I wear something eye-grabbingly fabulous while I read through quarterly financial results of some FTSE 100 firms or report on some technical details. This is why I decided to start this blog. I was told it was illegal to keep on hiding my style from the world. Lo and behold, pret-a-reporter has hit the virtual world.
What does Edita wear?
Clothes! Seasoned pretties pret-a-reporter readers will know that I am likely to wear a lot of designer brands. This does not mean that I spend all of my money on the latest pret-a-porter collections. I wish I could! I am likely to purchase high quality clothes from discounted outlets such as the Outnet or hibernate from one Net-a-Porter and MatchesFashion sale to another. I also like roaming vintage boutiques in search of a designer gem which would cost peanuts but look amazing because of its high quality (fabric, stitching, design).
Why does Edita report it?
A few reasons:
1. To be able to sleep at night. For God’s sake, I have too many fashion-centric thoughts. For example, I see places as prospective fashion editorial shooting locations and instantaneously calculate/match-make which outfits from my closet would blend in. Seriously. If my wardrobe had ears, they’d be always red. That’s how often I fashionise (fantasise about fashion) about outfits.
2. To inspire. I hope to show my readers that they too can wear designer pieces without blowing their budget if they shop wisely. Also, to inspire them to think outside the box and get their own ideas when it comes to putting outfits together.
3. To share my passion for high quality clothing, designer brands and fine jewellery. Honestly, I am obsessed.
4. To prove that personal style is so much stronger than trends. Sure, the latest fast fashion is oh-so alluring (there is so much of it, it’s so pretty, so cheap!) but showing one’s personality through well-made clothing is much more important to me. This is probably the least trend-led fashion blog in the world.
5. To encourage other people to blog and share their style! I want to see what you are wearing! Besides, if I can do it, so can you!
And finally, here’s a salad of fashion words which are likely to describe me. Zero calories, promise.
sarcastic. material. quality clothing. couture-lover. realist. dreamer. outspoken. easily to inspire. chanel. zuhair murad. nijole. elie saab. dior. calvin klein. alexander wang. proenza schouler ps 1 bag. appreciator. cosmopolitan. frequent web shopper. style. art-lover. museum goer. jewellerista. fashion-sketcher. book reader. coffee table book fanatic. salvador dali. luis royo. glass half full. observer. humorous. funny. hilarious. writer. blogger. journalist. opinionated. non-judgmental. driven. motivated. career. traveling. painful perfectionist. fashion. fashion. fashion.