Oh just go crazy, Enzo, I said to celebrity hair stylist, Enzo Volpe. And he did. There were two reasons I said this. One was because I started to feel cocooned in my current hair style and the other… Well, I just like saying ENZO. ENZOOOO. E-N-Z-O.
Hair trends for 2015 by Enzo Volpe
When I asked him for a quick trend recap for the coming season, Enzo had only one word to amplify – product. Too much, too little or just right – the emphasis this season is on product in all of its hybrid forms. It’s not only hair spray, hair mousse and a serum that should be piled up in your bathroom, make some space for salt water sprays, glossy finish spritzes, shine sprays, thickening treatments and the rest of the paraphernalia. Unfinished, textured, matt are the keywords for this season’s hair. Think grunge, middle partings, backcombs for volume (please refer to images for evidence) and the I-didn’t-wash-my-hair-today looks – they are all in.
Five make up hacks by Vanessa Guallar
I loved catching up with Vanessa. A make up artist with a crazy amount of Fashion Week experiences throughout the years as well as celebrity work, Vanessa has a make up hack for EVERYTHING.
- On applying eye-liner: Start with the line outside the eye on both sides – this will ensure your cat eye is symmetrical.
- On getting the perfect lipstick colour: Too dark? Mix it with concealer for a lighter pastel effect.
- On faux effect eye lashes: Place the eye lash curler as close to the lid as possible and close it once for roughly ten seconds, and then quickly open and close it three times. Instant faux lashes effect without the faux – au naturel, darling.
- On visually losing 5 kilos in 5 minutes: If contouring is done right, your face will look refreshed as your bone structure is highlighted thus giving that beautiful slimming effect.
- On eye shadow hacks: Browns, golds and bronze eye shadows are your friends. The make green eyes look greener, blues bluer and add more depth to brown eyes.
I decided to post my pre-event image and my post one. 30 minutes (yes, that’s all it took) of professional hair and make up escalated my look from meh, it’s Wednesday to on Wednesdays, not only do I wear pink, but I am also Grace Jones, or Nefertiti. And that’s what Boots’ 28 Ways to Give it a Go campaign is all about – doing something daring, even if only takes a short while. Think experimenting with colour, rocking a bold lipstick or eye make up, working an OTT hairdo – or doing all of the above… Like I did.
Thank you for having me over yesterday, Boots. I felt like Carrie Bradshaw on steroids, running through London looking next level fabulous mixed with extreme happiness over my hairdo thanks to Enzo. ENZO. ENZOOOO. E-N-Z-O.