There was so much catching up to do among us bloggers. We talked about what we adored about blogging, and what changes we noticed in the industry.
We all have been blogging for quite a while – and here are some changes we’ve witnessed:
- Some massive brands are not as massive anymore. I won’t say which ones we’ve mentioned, but the conversation included me saying: “Oh yeah, I remember now – is that still even going?”
- Some massive bloggers are not as massive anymore. I remember a number of girls cooing at the sight of a big blogger back in the day, but a lot of them seem to have moved on and have either become smaller or stopped blogging altogether.
- It has become more important to seem to be partying on Instagram, than actually partying. I am sometimes guilty of this: I go to an event, I photograph it and I am off to the next.
- Blogger coverage is slowly becoming more popular than press coverage. I don’t hear questions such as “oh what press did you get”, it’s more about “blogger X is on the guest list and she is massive for our brand”. Certain magazines are not happy about it – you know who I mean.
- While some bloggers are the warmest, most wonderful people ever, some may come across as cold. I keep seeing this point mentioned everywhere. Think about it this way, whatever party you go to, from a random house party to the biggest VIP gala on the planet, you will get a mixture of temperaments. Unfortunately we can’t all be Jennifer Lawrence. I don’t think it’s fair to say that this community is cold and pompous only because they amassed a large following. Some are, some aren’t.