Images: Tina Muller
Let’s get right into this. Apparently, my personality does not correspond with my appearance. How do I know this?
Because I often hear this sentence: Oh? But you don’t look like someone who’d like that.
It’s interesting that I’d have to look a certain way to be into the stuff that I am into. I’ll let you be the judge.
Does The Girl in the Pictures Above Look Like Someone Who:
- Loves horror movies. This is my favourite movie genre. Ain’t nobody got time for rom-coms, it’s hauntings or slashers that I add to my must-watch list.
- Watches serial killer documentaries & listens to true crime podcasts. I probably watched them all. The psychology behind these is so fascinating, Can’t stop, won’t stop.
- Listens to Pink Floyd, Aphex Twin, King Crimson, Tool, Moonspell, Cult of Luna among some dad rock bands. Yes, that is the music I love. I think I’d feel way more at home at a metal festival, rather than a mainstream one.
- Laughs all the time, to a point that my cheeks get numb and I need to massage them to regain control over those facial muscles. This is something that a lot of people get really surprised about when they meet me in real life. I am told I look a bit aloof on photos. I guess I am a true-life Jekyll and Hyde. Or Victoria Beckham.
- Can watch Scooby Doo cartoons all day. Sounds like my fave kinda day.
Has anyone ever said this to you? If so, what do you get up to that’s soo not consistent with your appearance?