Jumper: Nine by Savannah Miller, Skirt: Boohoo, Kitten Heels: Roger Vivier, Bag: Louis Vuitton, Earrings: c/o Reilly Sparkles
Images by Tina Muller
5 Ways to Wear Kitten Heels & Not Look Like You’ve Given Up
- Opt for black pointy kitten heels with cropped cigarette pants, white shirt and a camel coat. This is definitely a look you can rock while signing a million pound business deal.
- Consider investing in classic designer kitten heels – think Manolos or in my case above Roger Viviers – and mix it with a trend-led outfit. A balance between trendy and classic is always a good idea. It’s what creates personal style.
- Match statement kitten heels with a minimalist ensemble. Go kitten heel crazy, from space age to vintage, as long as the rest of the outfit boasts clear lines, neutral colours and simple geometric jewellery.
- Play with textures & fabrics: If you are wearing a white chiffon or crepe de chine dress, go for a baby pink or beige suede kitten heel mule.
- Play with colour: If it’s a jeans-and-a-nice-top kind of day, just contrast it with a yellow/orange/pink/red kitten heel.
Whichever way you decide to go, kitten heels are best worn with an unapologetic attitude and a sassy hair flick.
Also, my friend ended up warming up to the kitten heels in the photos above. They may not be besties as yet, but they have become much deeper than mere acquaintances.