Images by Ahmed Fayed
So this is it. Don’t you just want to go out for high tea with me?
This grey coat from Joy Clothing is the perfect capsule wardrobe staple. It’s like clay – you can shape it any way you like. I chose to look like Poirot’s unsung hero lady sidekick, but I could have just worn sneakers with jeans and this coat still would have worked perfectly.
How to Add a Quick Ladylike👸 Touch to Your Look:
- Floral silk scarf. All woman, zero effort.
- Soft curls. If you have long, heavy hair like I do, it’s a time consuming step. However, not much comes close to walking around while your hair bounces as if it’s the main character in a glossy advert.
- A hard leather medium-sized bag. All the cult ladylike bags are rather compact – Chanel 2.55, Lady Dior, Le Boy or in my case the Louis Vuitton Eclipse. I don’t know what is it about this particular bag that makes me feel so feminine. Perhaps it is its uncompromising size and shape? If it doesn’t fit it, it doesn’t come with. Girls don’t carry what boys can carry for them. Or something like that.
- A romantic hat or fedora. Bonus points if the summery version has flowers on it.
- Focus on the waist. Anything that defines that hourglass shape instantly feminises the look.