1. Alexander Wang – as usual relaxed chic with an unexpected slit here and there. Ahh, this coat is something I’d love to wear with barely there shorts.
2. Badgley Mischka – super glamorous and decadent. This deconstructed blush coloured gown looks very vampish with dark lips.
3. Betsey Johnson – so deliciously 80s.
4. BCBG Max Azria – the white dress I’d love to be seen in anytime. No, really, please hand it over to me right now.
5. Carolina Herrera – big hair, long gloves and gowns. Jackie O’s back.
6. DVF – Diane’s collection was a play with colours rather than prints that she specialises in. It was so refreshing. I actually struggled to pick only one look!
7. Donna Karan – the art of being a woman. No one portrays it better than Donna.
8. Doo Ri – it’s not only about drapey jersey anymore – it’s about mixing drapes with other textures. Not keen on hair and make up (or the lack of both?), but the outfit is potential perfection for the office.
9. Helmut Lang – slit, drape, slit, drape and leather up. Such a damn feel good collection.
10. Jenny Packham – a throwback to the 30s and 40s. And Jenny can throw me back there any time she likes as the collection oozed sophistication. Quite refreshing to see constructed outfits when other designers are playing with deconstruction.
11. Oscar de la Renta – I was forcing myself to select one but I physically couldn’t.
12. Narciso Rodriguez – will allow you to show off your perfect pins. Take that opportunity.
13. Prabal Gurung – detailed and extravagant.
14. Zac Posen – belle of the ball, the final frock took my breath away.
The trends that are most definitely here to stay:
- Long gloves, all around the runways, so you will most likely be wearing long gloves next season, evening out or not;
- Slits – prepare to stock up on 100 den tights as the skirt you’ll be wearing is going to have a thigh-high slit, no matter its length or the weather;
- Big hair – we’re talking big, loud volume, people! Just look at Herrera’s girls.