Images by Tina Muller
Do you have days when you have zero confidence, you kind of feel like a sack of potatoes and just generally extremely self-conscious? This blue dress from Tobi was designed for days like that. It made me feel as if I was Marilyn Monroe on the set of Niagara, a true femme fatale.
If you are looking for a dress for those depressing days – don’t opt for a black one. Push yourself and go for a punchy colour, in my case electric blue. But let’s imagine this dress in red, emerald green or mustard yellow – still super fabulous, right? Right! This brings me to:
What to Wear on A Bad Day ➡️😶😐🙂😋😃😄?
- Some insanely stunning colours. Take inspiration from precious jewels. No one has ever said something bad about the colour of rubies, amethysts or emeralds.
- Some in-your-face jewellery. That’s right! In your face, bad day! Statement pieces that are all about attitude and sassiness are on the menu.
- Neon coloured shoes. If you are feeling as if someone slapped you on the face – so should everyone else when they look at your feet with neon hues slashing their sight. There’s nothing like sharing feels.
- Remind your bad day that you don’t do bad days by going for a cheerful lipstick shade. Go orange, go punchy pink, heck, go yellow or green. There’s no one stopping you now.
- Get yourself a treat. For me that’s ice cream in the summer and a pumpkin spice latte in the autumn. Tell all your fitness gurus to do one, you’re busy enjoying life. Wait, you forgot you were having a bad day? See, this always works.
I did all the above on the day I wore this dress, from an orange lippie to neon heels. 2 magnums later, I was having the best day ever, with this shade of electric blue making me smile and the movement of my earrings reminding me that I am at my happiest when I hear jewellery dangle. That and tiramisu.