Coat: c/o Louche from Joy, Boots: Prada, Scarf: Valentino, Bag: Louis Vuitton, Fedora: Primark
Images by Ahmed Fayed
I’ve been wearing very tomboyish outfits to work lately and I felt I needed an extremely ladylike look to balance it all out.
So this is it. Don’t you just want to go out for high tea with me?
This grey coat from Joy Clothing is the perfect capsule wardrobe staple. It’s like clay – you can shape it any way you like. I chose to look like Poirot’s unsung hero lady sidekick, but I could have just worn sneakers with jeans and this coat still would have worked perfectly.
How to Add a Quick Ladylike👸 Touch to Your Look:
- Floral silk scarf. All woman, zero effort.
- Soft curls. If you have long, heavy hair like I do, it’s a time consuming step. However, not much comes close to walking around while your hair bounces as if it’s the main character in a glossy advert.
- A hard leather medium-sized bag. All the cult ladylike bags are rather compact – Chanel 2.55, Lady Dior, Le Boy or in my case the Louis Vuitton Eclipse. I don’t know what is it about this particular bag that makes me feel so feminine. Perhaps it is its uncompromising size and shape? If it doesn’t fit it, it doesn’t come with. Girls don’t carry what boys can carry for them. Or something like that.
- A romantic hat or fedora. Bonus points if the summery version has flowers on it.
- Focus on the waist. Anything that defines that hourglass shape instantly feminises the look.
Skirt: Karen Millen, Jumper: George, Boots: H&M, Coat: Zara, Glasses: c/o GlassesShop.com
Images by Ahmed Fayed
The first look of 2017 simply had to POP
. I chose huge glasses online
from Glasses Shop with a red motif along with a Karen Millen wool skirt that I have been wearing for years. I needed an eye-catching jumper to bring the two reds closer together. What can pop more than a huge, in-your-face popcorn cartoon appliqué? I can almost hear the popping sound, and smell the buttery, salty goodness. 🍿
But what foods can be fashion statements and which ones probably would never make it on to any list other than a menu? Let’s explore.
Tasty and Trendy 🍰:
- Bananas. Absolutely true. Who can forget the Prada earrings we all wanted (ahem, still want) the moment they appeared on the catwalk?
- Strawberry cheesecake. Or any cheesecake. If anyone ever says they aren’t that keen on wearing a jumper with a cheesecake on it, they are telling a malicious lie.
- French Fries. Hello Moschino bags and phone cases!
- Lemons, oranges and limes. Hello freshness, hello zest, hello summer.
- Chocolate spread. A top or jumper with a big, juicy jar of Nutella? That almost makes January a bearable month.
Tasty But You Won’t Want To Wear It 🍜:
- Crisps. So good for munching, not that appealing when you imagine them on a tee.
- Haggis. Some love it, some hate it. No one wants a T-shirt.
- Ginger. Chop it up and pop it into a stew or curry and we’re friends. It just doesn’t have that fashion je ne sais quoi when you picture it on an item of clothing.
- Lasagne. It’s SO good. As a print on a hoodie? SO bad.
- Soup. I just consulted my crystal ball. I can assure you, soup won’t be breaking into fashion any time soon.
Do you agree? Let me know what food prints or accessories you’ve worn.
If you are keen on a pair of massive glasses yourself, feel free to use the code GSHOT50 to get 50% off on eyeglasses and sunglasses with free lenses (sale frames excluded).
What a colourful year it has been! Here’s to an even more vibrant 2017! Thank you for being here. Thank you for loving it, thank you for hating it.
See how Pret-a-Reporter evolved through the years:
Dress: Modanisa, Vest: Vero Milano, Boots: Toga, Hamsa Bracelet: c/o ChloBo, Watch: c/o Jord Watches
Images by Ahmed Fayed
Back to my folkloric roots, this outfit is a warm embrace while being surrounded by the cold December air.
It’s interesting to realise that my hair looks both modern and medieval. This just goes to show that braids will forever be a good idea.
It’s the little details that bring this look to life: the folk florals, the red fur vest, the silver and gold plated bracelet with an adorable hamsa charm from ChloBo and of course the deep burgundy wood watch from Jord Watches.
Wood in design – much like braids within the hair styling world – is having a renaissance. Move over the questionable 70s chunks, sleek wooden accessories are slowly becoming the new pieces to lust over.
Jord Watches has definitely remastered the material and made me a fan of their uniquely irresistible watch line. With wood especially, there’s always a risk that the piece may end up looking clunky, toy-like and not serious at all. However, the brand avoided this by developing an advanced watch face that makes me feel like Chronos himself every time I glance to see what time it is.
If you’d like to join me and feel like the master (or mistress) of time, feel free to enter this giveaway from Jord Watches where EVERYONE wins. The winner will get a $75 e-voucher, and everyone who enters gets a $20.00 e-gift card excluding the winner! Enter here.
Luxury Wood Watch