Images by Ahmed Fayed
But what foods can be fashion statements and which ones probably would never make it on to any list other than a menu? Let’s explore.
Tasty and Trendy 🍰:
- Bananas. Absolutely true. Who can forget the Prada earrings we all wanted (ahem, still want) the moment they appeared on the catwalk?
- Strawberry cheesecake. Or any cheesecake. If anyone ever says they aren’t that keen on wearing a jumper with a cheesecake on it, they are telling a malicious lie.
- French Fries. Hello Moschino bags and phone cases!
- Lemons, oranges and limes. Hello freshness, hello zest, hello summer.
- Chocolate spread. A top or jumper with a big, juicy jar of Nutella? That almost makes January a bearable month.
Tasty But You Won’t Want To Wear It 🍜:
- Crisps. So good for munching, not that appealing when you imagine them on a tee.
- Haggis. Some love it, some hate it. No one wants a T-shirt.
- Ginger. Chop it up and pop it into a stew or curry and we’re friends. It just doesn’t have that fashion je ne sais quoi when you picture it on an item of clothing.
- Lasagne. It’s SO good. As a print on a hoodie? SO bad.
- Soup. I just consulted my crystal ball. I can assure you, soup won’t be breaking into fashion any time soon.
Do you agree? Let me know what food prints or accessories you’ve worn.
If you are keen on a pair of massive glasses yourself, feel free to use the code GSHOT50 to get 50% off on eyeglasses and sunglasses with free lenses (sale frames excluded).