Images by Ahmed Fayed
How to wear velvet?
- Velvet is a rich and complicated fabric. It’s fabulous when worn on its own after dark.
- If you are self-conscious when it comes to your size, you may want to go for a different fabric. Velvet and satin visually widen the surface because of how they reflect the light. If velvet is your favourite, simply opt for deeper tones avoiding greys, pinks, beiges or other light colours.
- If you are keen on wearing velvet within your day look, simply style it the 90s way – over a down to earth plain cotton T-shirt or top.
- For a truly opulent evening look, pair velvet with oversized jewellery with prominent stones – this will add an air of royalty to your look. Imagine a wonderful yellow velvet dress as a backdrop to beautiful amethyst or sapphire jewels.
- Another way to look like style royalty is to rock velvet footwear. Go for slippers in the warmer months and ankle boots when the temperatures get closer to zero. In both cases though, make sure your velvet is rich and colourful or even better – embroidered in the most magnificent of designs.
If you are keen on finding the perfect blue velvet dress, head over to Virgit’s blog who has prepared another stunning velvet look for you. Together, we’re the blue velvet squad!